Re: Local variables insecurities - Re: One vs many directories

From: Detlef Steuer
Subject: Re: Local variables insecurities - Re: One vs many directories
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 12:44:40 +0100

Am Thu, 26 Nov 2020 08:31:29 +0300
schrieb Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>:

> That is not fair choice. It pushes user to finally ! apply and accept
> it, but does not give chance to permanently ignore it.
>

> Do you want to apply it?  You can type
> y  -- to apply the local variables list.
> n  -- to ignore the local variables list.
> !  -- to apply the local variables list, and permanently mark these
>       values (*) as safe (in the future, they will be set
> automatically.)

Well, if you are arguing for a user who chose to use emacs, configured
mutt to invoke emacs etc,  but at the same time has no idea he chose a
mighty tool, as in has no clue about programming, variables etc., then
this choice won't help neither. If you have no idea about local
variables, you can not make an informed decision about *anything*
involving the concept of local variables. Besides stopping and reading
the manual.

May be I miss something, but then I miss it :-)

Furthermore this discussion has imho long left the main topic of this list.

Detlef