Re: Adding Org Files to org-agenda-files

From: daniela-spit
Subject: Re: Adding Org Files to org-agenda-files
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 22:45:01 +0100

> Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 10:32 PM
> From: "Jeremie Juste" <jeremiejuste@gmail.com>
> To: daniela-spit@gmx.it
> Subject: Re: Adding Org Files to org-agenda-files
>
> On Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 21:40, daniela-spit@gmx.it wrote:
> > I have now identified the problem.  If incidentally, one of the user defined
> > files in org-agenda-files does not exist, emacs demands that the file if
> > removed.  Additionally Emacs takes over the user's settings by hardwiring
> > org-agenda-files at the end of the file .emacs.
> >
> Glad you find the source the problem. Congratulations for your perseverance.
>
> > This should be considered a bug.
> It is not the behavior you expect but some people might rely on this
> feature it is a matter of organization.  Emacs allows you to choose
> which side you want to pick. Admittedly there are sometimes unexpected
> default behaviors that don't please everyone but emacs offers choices.

Many thanks for helping me.  I would not have got to this stage without
your helpful commands and checks.

Getting used to a problem to the extent of depending on it is not a good system.
Emacs should follow what the user demands by default, with perhaps the option
for the user to change that behaviour.  But it is the user that should demand
it.  In situations when Emacs gets to do something so drastic, it should inform
the user what is happening and put that information in a log file.

Dani