Re: Adding Org Files to org-agenda-files

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Adding Org Files to org-agenda-files
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 08:51:15 +0300

* daniela-spit@gmx.it <daniela-spit@gmx.it> [2020-11-29 02:37]:
> Jeremie,
>
> Have you ever tried to send an entry of org-capture to two files?

Based on your use case I am thinking if I ever had use to "capture"
task in multiple files. I was mostly using tasks that are in my
database, not necessarily Org related. So I have groups of tasks:

- normal tasks, managed in the database, curated, can be separate or
otherwise relate to people, organizations, cases, opportunities,

- quick tasks, normally one key capture from email, without
description and nothing else, it just helps to connect to email
message as I know what is to be done from person's name and subject

- administrative tasks, which belong to well organized project
planning,

- Org tasks which are worse among the above groups as they are not
structured as database tasks.

- various text file based tasks

All tasks from above groups at my side are assigned to somebody. They
may be assigned to me personally by default, often they are assigned
to other people.

Sometimes they are assigned to a group. In that case my Org header
could look something like this:

#+PROPERTY: ASSIGNED_ALL Ezekiel James TeamTZ Mark

And TeamTZ is group of people.

Then I have properties:

***** TODO Alfeo CB Officer <2018-10-02 Tue>
      SCHEDULED: <2019-07-01 Mon>
      :PROPERTIES:
      :ASSIGNED: James
      :ID:       c9d68b39-f01e-4624-929a-a25fd1866183
      :CREATED:  [2018-10-06 Sat 09:56]
      :END:

This way the task becomes mine, maybe for supervision, but James is
handling the task. This is somewhat similar to putting task in two
files, one for me, one for James, but as there is relation in the
heading I need not keep it in two files.

Deriving from idea of making relations then I think on your use case.

You need to have a main list of tasks while some tasks could be done
TODAY. And you wish to filter those that could be done today.

One way could be in using properties as above. You could just assign property:

*** Task
    :PROPERTIES:
    :TASK-TYPE: QUICK
    :END:

By using property you could use agenda feature to find those with that
property.

Other way to assign attribute to task could be by using tags:

*** Task                          :QUICK:

By using both methods you could easily filter out with agenda those
tasks you could be completing today.

Jean