Re: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable, overwriting user

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable, overwriting user options
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 23:58:33 +0300

* daniela-spit@gmx.it <daniela-spit@gmx.it> [2020-11-29 23:46]:
> Yes, but initially people and going to take my dani.el file and if
> they happen to delete their file, the whole setup will break down.

If you wish to relate the settings to a file, you may use file local
variables so when you give them dani.el that variable get defined
already in dani.el so that it is self-contained.

- M-x add-file-local-variable

- org-agenda-files

- '("~/Org/my-file") or expand your list

Then you get this on the end of file:

> Local Variables:
> org-agenda-files: '("~/Org/my-file")
> End:

That would work local file functions using `org-agenda-files' but it
will not work for for invokation outside of file.