difficulty extracting email address from property field containing gmail

From: Ian Garmaise
Subject: difficulty extracting email address from property field containing gmail link
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 21:18:25 -0500

I have created a kind of mini CRM using properties.
Now I need to extract data from the entries to create a CSV file for use with an external email tool.

I have used org-collector.el to extract tagged entries to a table, on which I then use orgtbl-to-csv to create the CSV file.

This is working well, except for the property used for the email address.  Unfortunately, I stored this as a gmail link.  This makes it difficult to extract the actual email address using org-collector as follows:

#+BEGIN: propview :cols ((car (s-split " " ITEM))  EMAIL_ADDRESS)  :id "candidates" :match "testthis" :wrap example

the result produced looks like this:

| (car (s-split " " ITEM)) | EMAIL_ADDRESS                                                                   |
| "Ciara"                  | [[https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&to=ciaraxyz@gmail\.com]]             |
| "Duncan"                 | [[https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&to=duncanxyz@indeedemail\.com]] |

I have looked at several methods that I found on the web to extract the email address from the link in the property, but haven't yet found a solution that I could get to work.  Still building up my elisp skillset, would appreciate suggestions.

--
=====
Ian Garmaise

https://www.linkedin.com/in/igarmaise/