Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:45:15 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2020-11-30 12:31]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
> > How to Run a More Secure Browser
> > https://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/handbook/RunSecureBrowser/
>
> There is also Firejail these days:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Sakaki/Sakaki%27s_EFI_Install_Guide/Sandboxing_the_Firefox_Browser_with_Firejail#Sandboxing_with_Firejail
>
> > Tasks or notes should be quickly shareable or be capable of being sent
> > to different objects and places:
>
> I can see that you have implemented many of the suggested commands
> yourself. Why don't you just propose patches extending the functionality
> you desire?

Good question, I have no idea in this moment why not. Maybe I just
make a function that works for me and is not that easy to provide a
patch that enhances some Org functionality. Example is sending Org
tasks by email, if somebody of developers wish to do that they can
do. For me is concept more important than specific function. Concept
of being able to send any object from anywhere to anybody is more
important than functions. Then if developers have different concepts
and do not think of sending or sharing objects, then those are
colliding minds and different experiences. I need to put more effort
to write it why, how, where, what, then to write the function itself
that just works. That is reason why people make separate packages.

For me is suprising that Emacs that has email sending capabilities
does not have integrated usage of that capability with other
modes. It may be surprising to me but other people or majority may not
have use of those features so it is not there.

- mark region, click to send by email, why is that not built-in I am
  surprised. GNU Hyperbole has function:

  hmail:region is an interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘hmail.el’.

  (hmail:region START END &optional BUF INVISIBLE-FLAG)

- send buffer as email? Why is that not built-in is surprising to
  me. GNU Hyperbole has it:

  hmail:buffer is an interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘hmail.el’.

  (hmail:buffer &optional BUF INVISIBLE-FLAG)

  Start composing mail with the contents of optional BUF as the
  message body.  Invisible text is expanded and included in the mail
  only if INVISIBLE-FLAG is non-nil.  BUF defaults to the current
  buffer and may be a buffer or buffer name.

- Org heading to email? Why is it not built-in? It is very
  surprising. I think I have provided a function that offers concept,
  so it is up to them to implement it.

Jean