Re: Exporting .org to .md for Sourcehut (sr.ht); ox-md not following Mar

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Exporting .org to .md for Sourcehut (sr.ht); ox-md not following Markdown spec?
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 10:36:01 +1100

TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> writes:

>> On 2020-12-02 16:59, Tim Cross wrote:
>>> TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> writes:
>>>
>> I note that in the email thread you referenced, the last post suggests
>> setting up a custom readme format which would allow you to use HTML.
>> Maybe that is the easiest route to take - org -> html with custom
>> readme?
>
> Unfortunately, the Org HTML exporter (which is in fact the parent that
> the Markdown exporter was derived from) also makes extensive use of the
> id attribute and anchor links.  So I am afraid those would be sanitized
> out exactly the same.

OK. My reading of that response was that the custom approach would give
you full control over the HTML. If they still run some sort of
sanitiser, then you would still have an issue as you actually don't have
full control. However, that does seem like an odd process. I mean, if
you go to the trouble to setup a custom workflow and then having some
arbitrary sanitiser come in at the end and move the goal posts seems
broken to me.

--
Tim Cross