bug#45212: org-capture user-error: Abort

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: bug#45212: org-capture user-error: Abort
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 10:51:55 +0800

daniela-spit@gmx.it writes:

> Why it is intended?  The user wanted to abort and Emacs obeyed.  (q) is an
> option, the user used it,
> and Emacs should not throw an error at the user.

I guess the intention was throwing signal + showing message to user. The
same could certainly be implemented without user-error. However, some
packages might be relying on the present behaviour and changing it could
break user's workflows. If you have any ideas how to implement quitting
from org-capture without using user-error *and supporting backward
compatibility*, patches are welcome.

Also, you can add this error to debug-ignored-errors to avoid annoyance
when debug-on-error is active.

Best,
Ihor