Re: Org Capture Menu cannot be fully viewed

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Org Capture Menu cannot be fully viewed
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 15:52:55 -0500

On 2020-12-13 15:37, Jean Louis wrote:
* pietru@caramail.com <pietru@caramail.com> [2020-12-13 21:28]:

I suggest that you install package ivy that you see how it works. Then
you could try find-file or open file function to see completions.

You can try evaluating this here:

(setq collection '("I think it might" "Is that similar" "Or something similar"))

(completing-read "Choose: " collection)

You may then use TAB or C-j to complete among various options.

ivy and helm packages (maybe) enhances that and allow you to type just
"som" to reach to "Or something similar" or "think" to reach to "I
think it might" and offers basic relevance search if you use few
words.

Standard completion may use joker symbol *

Choose: *thingTAB

would expand to "Or something similar"

That is good way to go in Emacs if you have to chose among large
number of items of anything.

This is much more along lines of what I had in mind.  A nice simple
example of plain completing-read interface.  However I am still not sure
that Org Properties are not the answer...

Cheers,
TRS-80