ox-slimhtml

From: Laszlo Elo
Subject: ox-slimhtml
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 00:48:27 -0500

Hello,

Amin was kind enough to poke me to submit and post about my package,
ox-slimhtml.
In a nutshell, it is an org-export backend - transcodes Org elements to
HTML/text output.

My primary use for it, is to create derived export backends. (picture a/b
testing, for example)
By default, it outputs HTML5, essentially (as it tries to not ignore current
output preferences).

Within each transcoder, I tried to pick out the relevant core elements being
passed through - what I skipped from the original ox-html exporter is the
domain logic surrounding templating and navigation.

A sample of the output can be seen here http://bald.cat/ox-slimhtml/

From a more detailed perspective, I use it to template the output of some Org
documents (common sources of truth); these include some minimal Org markup, and
as such, they provide convenient element-by-element programmatic access. This
all depends on where you’d like to organize the logic behind each elements’
transcoding process, of course - so, for now, I’ll say that it works really
nice for me. YMMV

:) Laszlo