Re: export to beamer: author and dynamic effects are not exported.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: export to beamer: author and dynamic effects are not exported.
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 14:08:13 +0100

>>> "ESF" == Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Monday, 14 Dec 2020 at 10:19, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> Consider please the following example

> [...]

>> It should be exported as
>>
>> \author{Uwe Brauer}

> It does for me.

Ok I had set
org-export-with-author to nil
now I set it to t and the export works,

*however* set to t it *always* exports, setting to nil it *never*
 exports.

I would like that it only exports if the field
#+AUTHOR is present.

This seems to be impossible the documentation states

Documentation:
Non-nil means insert author name into the exported file.
This option can also be set with the OPTIONS keyword,
e.g. "author:nil".

But it is not clear how to set this

I tried
#+TITLE: This title
#+AUTHOR:
:PROPERTIES:
:AUTHOR:nil
:END:

But this did not work as expected.

>> and the dynamic effect as

> Use BEAMER_act instead of BEAMER_opt and specify the property as [<+->],
> i.e. with square brackets.

Thanks, this was helpful