Re: Org Capture Menu cannot be fully viewed

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: Org Capture Menu cannot be fully viewed
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 14:18:45 +0100

pietru@caramail.com writes:

>> Would be great if you could check out the fix.
>
> Of coarse.  Is the following command the right way to get the fix
> for testing?
>
> git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git

This is a step in the right direction. With this line you get a fresh
clone of the latest code.

If you just start using Org from the repo you could check the
instructions for the install over at orgmode.org ~~> Install. In the
long run this is the best way, I think.

In the case of this fix, for which only function org-mks has been
changed, I'd recommend to just evaluate that function.

This means the following. Have the newest function org-mks in an Emacs
buffer. This could be the function org-mks in file org-macs.el from your
fresh clone. Then place the cursor behind the very last paren of
function org-mks and do C-x C-e. And then check the thing.

Best regards,
--
Marco