Re: Emacs as an Org LSP server

From: TEC
Subject: Re: Emacs as an Org LSP server
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 02:26:30 +0800

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Microsoft have filed patent for LSP languag server protocol:
> https://uspto.report/patent/app/20190149346

This isn't a patent for LSP (it's an open standard), this is a patent
for their Remote Development package:
https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/remote/remote-overview.

Rather different.

> Why should Emacs develop and be built on protocol that Microsoft wish
> to protect as their own, to control and use to subjugate population of
> developers?

This simply isn't what's happening here. I'm just starting work on my
own little project to give non-emacs people a taste of Org's
capabilities. I didn't think the way I spend my time was such a matter
of public concern to the Emacs community.

I guess this criticism may apply to the lsp-mode / eglot packages, but
neither of those have any relation to me.

--
Timothy.