Re: Emacs as an Org LSP server

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs as an Org LSP server
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 21:50:44 +0300

* TEC <tecosaur@gmail.com> [2020-12-14 21:35]:

> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Microsoft have filed patent for LSP languag server protocol:
> > https://uspto.report/patent/app/20190149346
>
> This isn't a patent for LSP (it's an open standard), this is a patent
> for their Remote Development package:
> https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/remote/remote-overview.

Are you sure? I wish it would be mistake. But then again did you
research USPTO that there is no patent for LSP?

I see there:

0064] Here, it will be appreciated that a base tool (e.g., Tool A,
Tool B, or Tool C) may be a service or other type of function/tool
that is generally common across many or all of the different types of
client applications. For example, in the context of code editing, the
base tools 420 may include a code completion service, a code debugging
service (e.g., a source code error checking tool), a code highlighting
service, a code navigation operation/service, a code colorization
service (e.g., syntax highlighting in which different colors are
applied to the syntax depending on what category a syntax term belongs
to), a code refactoring service (e.g., restructuring code without
altering its behavior), a code hinting service (e.g., code
completion), a source code search tool, a source code control tool,
and/or a lightbulb service (e.g., an icon service that provides an
expanded display of options).

> I guess this criticism may apply to the lsp-mode / eglot packages, but
> neither of those have any relation to me.

Now, apart from those LSP/Microsoft issues, what is your solution? You
wish to provide LSP server based Org editing to various other editors?

Jean