Re: LSP is Microsoft's patented protocol - Re: Emacs as an Org LSP serve

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: LSP is Microsoft's patented protocol - Re: Emacs as an Org LSP server
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 00:47:56 -0500

  > Do you have evidence it is not patented?

That sort of question is not useful to ask.
No one _ever_ has evidence that any given thing
is not patented.

Unless we see a specific practical problem,
the thing to do is just ignore the danger of patents.
The danger does exist, but worrying about it in advance
is futile and damaging.  It is like worrying that
a meteorite might fall and hit you.  There is a small
chance of that, but worrying about it is useless.

--
Dr Richard Stallman