Re: [9.4] Fixing logbook visibility during isearch

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [9.4] Fixing logbook visibility during isearch
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:15:55 +0800

Kévin Le Gouguec <kevin.legouguec@gmail.com> writes:

> The debugger only fires *after* we exit isearch, and by that time it's
> too late: my issue comes from all those logbooks cluttering the screen
> while I'm mashing C-s to iterate through matches.
>
> I can try to dig deeper into this, but before doing so: would you have
> any insight as to what's going on here?

org-mode is relying on default isearch behaviour during interactive C-s
session. By default, isearch simply makes all the overlays at match
visible and re-hide them once we move to the next match. In case of
org-mode, this reveals drawers as well, since they are in the same
overlay with the rest of the folded heading.

The way to change default isearch behaviour *during* isearch session is
setting undocumented 'isearch-open-invisible-temporary property of the
overlay (see isearch-open-overlay-temporary). The function must accept
two arguments: overlay and flag. If flag is non-nil, the function should
re-hide the overlay text and it should reveal the overlay when flag is
nil.

Best,
Ihor