Re: bibtex and babel support

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: bibtex and babel support
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 09:46:04 +0000

On Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020 at 08:19, Colin Baxter wrote:
> However, tangling bibtex src blocks works without an explicit (bibtex
> . t).

Good.  As it should.

> Indeed if I do insert such a line in my emacs init file, I get
> an error with "(require ob-bibtex) not found".

But there is no need for such a line as bibtex src blocks cannot be
evaluated.  org babel makes no sense in this case.

> Although the tangle of bibtex src blocks works well, the block itself
> often seem to have fontlock issues and sometimes it seems not to accept
> the standard bibtex comment, which begins with @ followed by a space and
> then text.

This will be a bibtex-mode issue, not an org issue?  Does it font lock
correctly if you edit the src block in bibtex mode?

Just to say that I use bibtex src blocks a lot but I also use the
functionality found in ol-bibtex.el for creating bib files from org
properties.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.2-143-gc822c8