Re: LaTeX fragments not being generated due to extra * in tikz env

From: Thibault Marin
Subject: Re: LaTeX fragments not being generated due to extra * in tikz env
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 19:30:13 -0500

Hi,

I introduced the change that broke the behavior.  The attached patch
seems to fix the issue for me, does it look reasonable?

Thanks,

thibault

On 2020-12-09T13:16:19-0500, Jeremie Juste wrote:

  Hello,

  Thanks for reporting. Indeed this is an issue that hasn't been fixed
  yet. This is the case for most latex environments

  My solution is here
  https://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg129974.html

  but consider also the idea behind the star
  https://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg129976.html

  I will try to submit a patch soon.

  Best regards,
  Jeremie

  On Tuesday,  8 Dec 2020 at 20:57, 10cadr wrote:
  > I was trying out the new option tex:dvipng. The HTML result was a image
  > with the tikz code.
  >
  > Turns out, debugging and telling the fragment processor not to delete the
  > files, what org generates for the tikz fragment is:
  >
  > \begin{tikzpicture*}
  >
  > Removing the astherisk would make it work without any workarounds.
  >
  > How I got around this was
  >
  > #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{environ,amsmath,multicol}
  > #+LATEX_HEADER:

\NewEnviron{tikzpicture*}[1][]{\begin{tikzpicture}[#1]\BODY\end{tikzpicture}}

  --
  Jeremie Juste