Re: did behaviour of RET change again?

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: did behaviour of RET change again?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 18:33:27 +0000

> On Dec 18, 2020, at 5:06 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Just a quick heads-up:
>
> I have just installed org from git (a few hours ago) and now it seems
> that RET no longer indents.  Is this intentional?
>
> I know that there has been some discussion on the mailing list but I
> seem to have lost track of the decision, if any, taken.

That was Subject: How to preserve empty headings

AFAICS, the behavior discussed there is unchanged as of this moment (9.4.3 from
git master), viz RET and C-j behave differently and honor electric-indent-mode
in doing so.

Also, I don't see any git log entries that are suggestive since that time.
HTH,

Chuck

[snip]