Re: did behaviour of RET change again?

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: did behaviour of RET change again?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 15:56:12 -0300

Hi All,

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 18:25, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Also, I'm thinking of using headline-data as the new default for the
> org-adapt-indentation option.  WDYT?
>
> I know Kevin as a good overview of the whole topic, maybe he can also
> advise about what should be done here.

I cannot but raise a friendly flag here.

I've reported the following behavior I've found for `headline-data'
some time ago: https://orgmode.org/list/87r1qukjjs.fsf@gmail.com/

Nicholas Savage did try and could not reproduce.  Last time I've tried
it, not long ago, I still found the behavior.  I would thus suggest that
at least some more people try it and check their end before going that
route.  I'll be happy if it's just me.

That said, I do think `headline-data' is a great default value for
`org-adapt-indentation', despite the fuss that is bound to ensue for
*any* change there.

Best regards,
Gustavo.