Displaying verse numbers within a verse block

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Displaying verse numbers within a verse block
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 22:37:07 +0100

Hi,

One of the many, many things where I use Org Mode is my Spanish translation of
Homer's
Odyssey (work in progress). To avoid getting lost inside each Book, I wrote
this little
code that helps me navigate through the verses, displaying in the margin
(within a verse
block) the verse numbers in sequence of 5 (not counting the empty lines), or
allowing
me to jump to a certain verse number.

I've uploaded the code to GitLab in case it could be useful to anyone who also
has to work
with long runs of verses (hundreds, thousands...). Of course, this is something
I wrote for
my own work, and I'm not a professional programmer either, so the code can be
improved for
sure ;-)

https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num

Regards,