Re: strange behavior of @ in tag searches

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: strange behavior of @ in tag searches
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 22:18:36 GMT

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> "Victor A. Stoichita" <victor@svictor.net> writes:
>> I just realized that with "emacs -Q" both searches yield the
>> expected results.
>> I have emacs 27.1 which ships org-mode 9.3.
>> Could I have set inadvertently something that changes the meaning
>> of @ in tag searches? Or was there a change in that respect
>> between 9.3 and 9.4.3?
>
> I can reproduce your first recipe on master. However, I simply get no
> results on the second recipe (which also should not happen).

Hmm, I tried on master (9140a712f) and maint (97f1d8e34) and can't
trigger the issue.

[recipe 1] With the default configuration, I load testfiles.org and,
hopefully following the recipe, run `M-x org-agenda < m @anthro'.  I see

  Headlines with TAGS match: @anthro
  Press ‘C-u r’ to search again
    testfiles:  my anthro task
         :@anthro:
    testfiles:  my bib task
             :bib:

[recipe 2] I load testfiles_2.org and run `M-x org-agenda < m anthro2'.
I see

  Headlines with TAGS match: anthro2
  Press ‘C-u r’ to search again
    testfiles_2:my bib2 task