Re: Org to ConTeXt exporter?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Org to ConTeXt exporter?
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 16:04:26 +0100

On 2020-12-28, at 14:38, Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just out of curiosity, I am wondering if there are plans to create an
> Org to ConTeXt exporter in the future, or if there is already some work
> in progress on this front.
>
> I have to say that among TeX formats I tend to prefer LaTeX to ConTeXt;
> but ConTeXt has very interesting features (grid typesetting, for
> example) that LaTeX lacks (for now) and has a more monolithic structure,
> that is, it does not need to be extended through packages as in LaTeX.

Creating an exporter from scratch is probably easier than you think.
A few years ago I planned a tutorial about this, but another job
happened, then covid happened etc.  Now that I finished some big project
taking me a lot of time, I might be tempted to revisit that.  Would
there be demand for a DYI Org-exporter-from-scratch tutorial?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl