Problems with attachment links in exported files

From: Pablo Palazon
Subject: Problems with attachment links in exported files
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 10:12:08 +0100

Hi everyone!

I've had a trouble with attachment type link on exporting. I configured org-attach directory and using org-id and it works great on emacs, all those links work great. I can see any attach linked on org notes, but in exported files all those links point to local directory instead of the right attached folder.

I read this article (https://vxlabs.com/2020/07/25/emacs-lisp-function-convert-attachment-to-file/) which talks about that "org-attach-export-link" function will be removed. I've tried to convert attachment to file links, and it works fine. But I'd prefer to use attachment links instead of converting them.

I also read this thread (https://lists.libreplanet.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-02/msg00784.html), but I'm quite sure if all these changes all actually implemented on org-mode. I tried to use

(add-hook 'org-export-before-parsing-hook 'org-attach-expand-links)

And it works except for inline images, but I don't understand why is not on org-mode repository code.

Thanks you in advance!. Best regards!

P.D.: I also tried to look up more information about this problem on this list, I couldn't find anything on the list searcher. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=attachment&submit=Search%21&idxname=emacs-orgmode&max=20&result=normal&sort=score