Re: [BUG] [C-u C-u C-c C-o] open link with external program auto exited

From: Christopher Miles
Subject: Re: [BUG] [C-u C-u C-c C-o] open link with external program auto exited before child process open file
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:13:46 +0000

I tested with following code:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(let ((cmd (format
            "%s %s"
            "xdg-open"
            (shell-quote-argument
             (expand-file-name
              "~/Downloads/伦敦底层社会 1,2章.doc")))))
  (start-process-shell-command cmd "*org-open-file*" cmd))

(start-process "org-open-file"
               " *org-open-file*"
               "xdg-open"
               (expand-file-name "~/Downloads/伦敦底层社会 1,2章.doc"))
#+end_src

Both has same problem, xdg-open exited automatically and before really open
file.

So maybe I should ask question in Emacs-help mailing list? Because this problem
seems on ~start-process~ / ~start-process-shell-command~.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3