Re: org-publish error with java hook

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: org-publish error with java hook
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 06:30:02 +1100

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> In the last few days org-publish no loner works for me, giving a lisp
> error: (void-function conkeror-minor-mode). The source of the problem is
> the line '(add-hook 'js-mode-hook 'conkeror-minor-mode)' in my init
> file. If I comment out the line, the error disappears.
>
> I've tried reverting a couple of recent commits in org-mode, but to no
> avail. I'd appreciate pointers as to the issue.
>
> I'm using emacs-27.1 with Org mode version 9.4.4
> (release_9.4.4-186-g7fa817).

I suspect that is something related to your local configuration -
specifically in your Javascript setup hook. I don't think it has
anything to do with org. When org publish does its thing, it must be

Emacs has deprecated conkeror support in the browse-url library ecently
(Emacs 28 I think), which has probably resulted in some other packages
removing conkeror support. My guess would be that you have been using a
package which adds conkeror support when editing Javascript code (you
could test this by opening a JS file outside of org mode and see if you
get the same error).

Review the packages you have which provide JS editing support and you
will likely find the culprit.

--
Tim Cross