org-refile and ivy

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: org-refile and ivy
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:49:51 +0000

Dear all org mode list readers,

I have been trying to get to grips with org-refile.  For some reason,
the completion mechanism (I use ivy generally but I have no idea what
org-refile actually tries to do/use) only shows me the current file name
if I have org-refile-targets set to nil.  It doesn't show any top level
headlines to choose from which is what I would expect from the
documentation.  Hitting RET to select the completion target given (file
name only) refiles to the end of the file which is not what I want.

This is with org updated fairly recently but not quite up to
date.  However, I've had this problem for a long time and don't use
org-refile as a result.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-179-g5b5c42