Re: [Tip] Export a bibliography to HTML with bibLaTeX and make4ht

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: [Tip] Export a bibliography to HTML with bibLaTeX and make4ht
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 10:00:37 -0300

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 08:37, Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> wrote:

It should handle two limitations of your procedure, which
are: getting the bibliography with the entries actually cited in the
document and citation callouts. The first one is easy to handle in your
current approach by means of any of the multiple alternatives to
generate a bib file with only the cited entries.  The second one, much
harder, as far as I can see.

Thinking this through: there is actually a third challenge to the approach, which is ensuring the relation of the citation callouts and the bibliography is correct. For example, if using a numeric or alpha style, how to be sure the labels are the same in the citation and the bibliography. Even in other styles, such as author-year, if disambiguation rules come into play (e.g. (Smith 1987a, Smith 1987b)), how to be sure the same rules are being applied by pandoc/CSL (on the citations) and biblatex (in the bibliography). As far as I can tell, this will hang on sorting, something which biblatex is known to be more capable than other tools, so that I would expect differences (at least potentially). Styles such as verbose or author-title would probably be safe, I guess. Have you given some thought about this? If so, how are you handling the case?

Best,
Gustavo.