embedded calc and org tables

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: embedded calc and org tables
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:43:08 +0000

Hello all,

I use embedded calc a lot for teaching related documents (slides,
courseworks, etc.).  Incredibly powerful computer algebra system
built-in to Emacs.  What's not to like. ;-)

However, I also use org tables a lot (as spreadsheet calculators).

Is there an easy (or any) way to access embedded calc variables in an
org table?  This may actually be an elisp & calc question that I can
post to emacs.help but I thought I'd ask here first as it would be a
nice feature for org.

For completeness, an expression like

   x <= sqrt(5) =>

will be processed by embedded calc to evaluate the expression, save the
value in x, and display the result after the =>.  I would like to access
the value of x in an org table.

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-199-gbc511b