Re: org-attach-git don't automatically commit changes

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: org-attach-git don't automatically commit changes
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 11:29:20 +0100

Hi Ihor,

> Does it mean that your attachment folder is set in :DIR: property?

No, my attachment folder is build using :ID: property. For example, in
my heading:

*   Test
    :PROPERTIES:
    :ID: d0e690e2-2ecd-4224-891a-b91257db5389
    :END:

And if I evaluate `org-attach-dir' here, it returns the correct path:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-attach-dir)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
:
/home/juanmanuel/Documentos/docs-compartidos/org/data/d0/e690e2-2ecd-4224-891a-b91257db5389

But if I evaluate this, I get an 'incomplete' path:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(expand-file-name org-attach-id-dir)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: /home/juanmanuel/Documentos/docs-compartidos/org/data/

So if I replace `(expand-file-name org-attach-id-dir)' with
`(org-attach-dir)' in `(org-attach-git-commit)' [line 7, the `dir'
variable], it works fine when I run 'C-c C-a z'.

Best regards

Juan Manuel