Re: org-attach-git don't automatically commit changes

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: org-attach-git don't automatically commit changes
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 14:16:44 +0100

> The other thing is that `org-attach-id-dir' makes much less sense from
> the time :DIR: property was introduced. So, I believe that
> org-attach-git should be updated. Probably, handling attachment dirs as
> individual git repos can be one of the ways to upgrade the current
> version. I guess, patches welcome.

Do you think a possible patch could simply consist of replacing (as I
have done) `(expand-file-name org-attach-id-dir)' by `(org-attach-dir)'
in `org-attach-git-commit'? This would allow you to handle attachment
dirs as individual git repos, regardless of :ID: or :DIR: properties,
since "[(org-attach-dir)] Return the directory associated with the
current outline node. First check for DIR property, then ID property
[...]".

Best regards,

Juan Manuel