Re: Microsoft Excel getting features we have had for a long time in org

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Microsoft Excel getting features we have had for a long time in org :-)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 18:51:04 +0000

On Sunday, 31 Jan 2021 at 19:38, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> At least you can keep your APL programs in an VCS and the diffs might
> make sense. Try that with excel.

Very true, and the same applies to org tables (i. e. being able to use
version control).

And, as an aside, I love APL!  I just recognise the challenges of
sharing APL codes.  But, to be fair, it's been decades since I last used
APL (or J).

Also, I do use org tables quite extensively as spreadsheets but I'm also
careful to avoid making them inscrutable to all (including me).  As soon
as a table starts getting too complex, I move the coding to a src block
with the table as input (and maybe another table as output).

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-199-gbc511b