Re: Google SoC organisation application

From: TEC
Subject: Re: Google SoC organisation application
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 20:00:30 +0800

All good points, but I'll just quickly respond to this:

Daniele Nicolodi <daniele@grinta.net> writes:

> Please understand that the GSoC is not a way to get labor for the
> project sponsored by Google: it is very likely that the time investment
> required to the mentors would be more than enough to implement what the
> students will do during the GSoC. The GSoC is more an opportunity to
> form a possible future long term contributor to the project.

As it happens, this is precisely why I decided to start this thread. I
see GSoC as a great chance to help people who have been tentatively
considering getting into Org development a little push and hopefully
create some new long-term contributors :)

With projects, I know I at least have no shortage of ideas; mentors
might be hard though 🤔.

--
Timothy