Re: emphasizing source code words

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: emphasizing source code words
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 13:13:21 +0100

Hi Luca

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, but stil Im not able to figure it out. I've searched thru the
> org documentation without any luck.
>
> Luca

To use the minted package as backend (https://www.ctan.org/pkg/minted),
I have in my Emacs:

(setq org-latex-listings 'minted)
  (setq org-latex-minted-options
     '(("frame" "lines") ("linenos=true") ("breaklines")))

You also need to install the Python pigments library on your OS. In
Arch (in my case) is the python-pygments package.

And you have to make sure that when you export to LaTeX it always compiles
with the -shell-escape option. For example:

(setq org-latex-pdf-process
      '("lualatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
%f"
        "lualatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
%f"
        "lualatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
%f"))

Lastly, in Org docs you need of course to load the minted package:

#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{minted}

You can see how the highlighting looks like in this post from my blog (in
Spanish): under the title there is a button to download the entry in PDF
version: https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com/evitar_funcion_lua.html

Finally, you may be interested in this new package that TEC has written:

https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/lbkmmz/the_best_syntax_highlighting_in_a_pdf_youll_see_a/

Best regards,

Juan Manuel