Re: OT: M-S-$ Not Working

From: Bo Grimes
Subject: Re: OT: M-S-$ Not Working
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 09:34:53 -0500

On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 14:20:46 +1100
Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you see the same behaviour if you run emacs -Q?

I hadn't tried that, which should have been a first step, but I just
did, and yes. Nothing happens and Emacs gives no feedback.

I did go ahead and try a new DM (Regolith, because it's built on Ubuntu
and Gnome, so I thought it would easily integrate), and M-S-$ works
fine, so it has to be somewhere in Pop or Gnome shell, but I'll be
danged if I can figure it out.

At this point I'll probably either rebind it or install a DM like Mate
that won't require too much adaptation.  Thanks for the suggestion!