Macros and possible alternatives to the comma character (enhancement?)

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Macros and possible alternatives to the comma character (enhancement?)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 14:01:47 +0100

Hi,

In my Org docs I make a heavy use of replacement macros. I think they
are a powerful and versatile. I only see one problem: in my opinion, the
comma as a character to separate arguments seems unproductive to me. I
often use macros to enter textual content, and I find it a bit tedious
having to constantly escape such a common symbol as the comma (\,). In fact,
for my personal use I have modified the `org-macro-extract-arguments'
function, and now I separate the arguments using '@ (quote + at).

Am I the only one who thinks there should be better alternatives to the
comma?

Do you think it would be good to add these alternatives as a '#+startup'
option?

Regards,

Juan Manuel