Re: Where has the manual on one html page gone?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Where has the manual on one html page gone?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 17:45:35 -0500

Christine Köhn <christine@chark.eu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I always used the manual online as one html page but it does not seem to
> be available since (?) the website revamp. I prefer the manual as one
> page for many reasons. Is it still available online?

I've always used the one-page per section version on the web (although
I tend to use Info much more often), primarily because I thought that
downloading the whole manual to just look at a section or two or five
would be inefficient - in fact, I've wondered why the single-page
versions of various manuals (particularly the larger ones: emacs and
elisp) are made available. So it is idle curiosity on my part, but
what are the the reasons for your preference?

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler