Re: 'false' list item

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: 'false' list item
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 01:21:51 +0100

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> The issue is, if we decide this is a bug, can we fix it? Is it a bug or
> is it just an accepted limitation of the org document format and what we
> have to do is ensure either no line starts with a '1. ' or we use
> something like a unicode character so that it doesn't look like a
> number+period+space and therefore not a list item?

Interesting all the points you comment, and this paragraph is important.
I'm thinking that without a clear and explicit environment (a begin/end
marks), any possible solution will always have its exceptions. However,
IMHO, I would not find desirable two explicit marks environment in the
style of LaTeX, since this would go against the virtue of legibility and
lightness in Org. I don't know if Markdown (on what it has in common
with Org as a lightweight markup language) also has similar problems in
lists formatting, since I hardly use Markdown and am not aware of its
many implementations...

I still think that highlighting the items would at least be a preventive
solution for Org.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel