Re: Symolic link messes up org-attach?

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Symolic link messes up org-attach?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:03:57 -0500

On 2021-02-22 11:16, Henrik Frisk wrote:
Hi,

I have migrated from a OSX based system to a linux/debian system.

Welcome to the Free World!  :D

I have all my main org files in a directory ~/org and in OSX this was
a symbolic link to ~/a-hard-disk/org (it may have been an alias, ot
sure). In Ubuntu, however, I have lots of trouble with org-attach: I
attach a file using say copy and when I call C-c C-a o there are no
attachments. Sometimes it works but next time I open the file there
are no attachments. I experienced similar issues with links:

[[file:./img/myimage.png]]

was not found but a qualified path worked.

Could this be because of the symlink to my org directory? Is there a
better way to do it?

I do not use org-attach, but I do use a lot of symlinks (at the
underlying system level), and they never give me any trouble (for
whatever that's worth).

Cheers,
TRS-80