Re: Tips on maintaining history in Org Mode

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: Tips on maintaining history in Org Mode
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 21:21:54 -0700

note that there is an issue when you try to name your archive files
using years like computer-2000.org_archive.  it can take seconds to
find-file big files so it is understandable to want to name files like
that.

however, if you change the name of an archive file, it will not be
found by org when you tell it to do certain things with archive files.
some code in org derives the basename to search from the basename of
the original file like computer,org.

in principle, maybe org could allow year suffixes/prefixes or it could
search all archive files in dirs that have org files.

perhaps also changing org-archive-file-header-format to allow a format
thingie for a timestamp would allow you to take parts of an archive
file and move them into one per year without having to put the date in
each archived entry.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.