Re: contact management in emacs

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: Re: contact management in emacs
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:31:05 +0100

I use bbdb (big-brother data base). I use it since a looong time
already, and amassed 15000 or so contracts. It does what I want, it's
text-based, so versioning is not a problem.

I think it can do vcard export (though when I used vcards is a long
time ago, I can't remember if that was smooth, I think it was with one
of my first smart phone, and I wanted to quick fill up the phone book
there with my ``emacs-managed'' contact data base.).

One can add used defined fields (where one can ``match'' all contacts
for some criterion, and send then ``bulk'' email.

Org is also bbdb-aware, insofar one can do those links: instead of
[[file:xxxx][yyy]] one can use [[bbdb:somecriterion]].

I don't know if it matches your needs, but I can't say bad things about
that bbdb-thing.

Martin