Re: contact management in emacs

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: contact management in emacs
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 09:40:02 -0500

On 2021-02-28 04:06, Russell Adams wrote:
The stumbling point for me has been exporting to my mobile
phone. I'm fine with a one way sync from my BBDB/Org solution to the
phone, but I feel like I never found a good option.

Please share what you find works for you.

I never got further than reading about it, but I have done quite a lot
of that.  And it always seems like this is the stumbling block.
Especially two way sync (as I probably most often add new contacts
into my phone, when I am out and about).

OTOH, my PinePhone has just recently shipped, so perhaps having an
actual GNU/Linux phone (instead of Android) may suddenly obviate the
need for all these complicated workarounds...  I suppose I will be
interested in what sort of format the Contacts "app" will be storing
them on the PinePhone.  In fact, I think I will search for (or make) a
thread about that at Pine64 forums...

Cheers,
TRS-80