Re: Org as a book publisher

From: Diego Zamboni
Subject: Re: Org as a book publisher
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 13:08:20 +0100

Hi Juan Manuel,

Thanks for sharing this - the output looks very nice.

I think with Org and a setup like you describe, we are one step closer to separating content (what) from form (how) in a document. This was one of the original goals of LaTeX, but of course in a LaTeX document much of the "how" is still visible through the "what". With Org the separation becomes clearer, by hiding the LaTeX structures (almost) completely, and by allowing to produce multiple formats from the same source document.

I have done something similar with my books, which I publish through Leanpub. I keep the source of each book in Org, and from there the exporter takes care of producing the Leanpub markup and format, which in turn takes care of converting it to PDF, ePub or other formats.

Best,
--Diego