Re: org-export-latex-packages-alist vs org-latex-packages-alist

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: org-export-latex-packages-alist vs org-latex-packages-alist
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 18:16:17 -0400

Tyler Smith writes:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone confirm if
>
>   `org-export-latex-packages-alist` and
>   `org-export-latex-listings-langs`
>
> are obsolete versions of
>
>   `org-latex-packages-alist` and `org-listings-langs`?
>
> I've had the former in my config for years, and today noticed that
> they no longer appear in the org source code. I failed to find any
> reference to this change in the documentation, so perhaps I've
> missed something? Can I just swap out the former and replace them
> with the latter?

org-export-latex-packages-alist was renamed to org-latex-packages-alist
in Org 8, specifically 0484c5c64 (Manage variables related to both LaTeX
export and snippets, 2013-02-02).  I believe a straight replacement is
fine.

And it looks like org-export-latex-listings-langs was the name used in
the old exporter before v8.  Simply using org-latex-listings-langs
instead should work here too, I think.