Re: Sharing variables between source blocks without session

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: Sharing variables between source blocks without session
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 14:21:56 +0100

> On Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021 at 09:56, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> How can I avoid having to declare the variable 'user' for both blocks?
>
> I imagine you could use a property, as in
>
> #+property: header-args :var user=loris
>
> or even make it specific for the particular language.
>
> (untested)

Thanks for point out using 'header-args;' as property.  However, if I do
the following, the variable is unset in the shell script:

#+properties: header-args :var user=loris

#+begin_src sh
  echo user: ${user}
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: user:

Is that supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Loris