Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping

From: Atlas Cove
Subject: Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 13:38:05 +0000

> technically the second table is more space efficient than the first

I was referring to screen space.

> Should Org understand all the 'concatenated text' as a single row (and not as multiple rows)?

In effect, yes. I'm proposing it as a syntax addition to make it easier to read, export, and manage, larger tables.
I'm unsure if this would fit within the scope of org, but [[https://github.com/RedBug312/markdown-it-multimd-table][other projects]],
like [[https://fletcher.github.io/MultiMarkdown-6/MMD_Users_Guide.html#tables][MultiMarkdown]] have exactly what I want in terms of table use.
Since I've already proposed a single, solitary addition to org, we won't discuss all of those nice features /just/ yet!