Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 16:07:34 +0100

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

> [...] My point was that it probably makes sense to separate concerns
> here.

Yes, that separation is essential. I agree.

> That's right. OTOH, people will try to stretch it in every conceivable
> direction. That's in a way Org's biggest strength (and at the same time
> its biggest weakness :)

Great truth! I always try to take things to the extreme :-D, and I
continue thinking that Org is (among many other things) an excellent
'interface' for LaTeX (maybe the best). But I have to admit that a table
with a lot of complexity is a special case when maybe you have to write
LaTeX code, and get lost between all those & and backslashes, at least
if the goal is the typographic refinement. The greatest power of Org
resides in his lightness and in its chameleon versatility, but his worst
temptation may be to become in a (poor) LaTeX 'translation'.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel