Re: yank freeze (org-ref / Edit notes problem)

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: yank freeze (org-ref / Edit notes problem)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 19:51:48 +0700

On 20/03/2021 04:11, Christian Barthel wrote:

OK, I guess I found a solution:  I have had a similar issue with
org-capture were emacs freezed as well.  However, org-capture did
work in xterm and I thought about some weird usage of the X11
clipboard manager.  After doing some more research, I found [1].
According to Daimrod's Blog, the workaround is:

   (setq x-selection-timeout 10)

Accordingly to emacs bug tracker your problem was fixed 5 years ago:
Yank causes hang

I saw hangs trying to paste from X clipboard but I decided that conditions were quite exotic. I experimented with running browser as untrusted X client. Firefox was unhappy, emacs (running as usual) started to eat CPU on attempt to yank text copied from browser. Since I was unsure what selection operations are not allowed to untrusted X clients, I decided to just give up. However I believe that emacs could behave better in such cases.

If you have steps to reproduce, you could file a new bug.