Re: Where has the manual on one html page gone?

From: Christine Köhn
Subject: Re: Where has the manual on one html page gone?
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:54:48 +0100

Here's why I prefer the one page manual:

I can search it easily. Sometimes I do not find what I'm looking for
where I would expect it to be. Also, searching is convenient way to find
out if something *is not* in the manual.

I'm used to reading and searching in a browser.

For me, it's easier to read a whole chapter/section if I just have to
scroll down. Especially if I only do cursory reading, e.g if I read
about spreadsheets after not having used them in a while. If I can just
scroll down, it's also easier to read on my smartphone (I'd like not to
do that but in the pandemic some things cannot be chosen).

I agree that it's not efficient to download a whole manual but I guess
that's what caching is for? Anyway, I thought about switching to
accessing the manual offline but I haven't gotten to it yet.