Re: Shutting down Org ELPA: No new release of Org on Org ELPA after Org

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Shutting down Org ELPA: No new release of Org on Org ELPA after Org 9.5
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 08:10:09 +0200

Hi Samuel,

> - emacs core

... will contain the latest sync'ed Org version: we try to sync
the latest Org stable ASAP, but I have not been consistent during
the last years.

> - there is a gnu elpa

... will contain Org latest stable.

> - there is a nongnu elpa

... will only contain the future org-contrib package.

> - there is an org git

... will give access to the latest Org.

> correct?

Yes.  The baseline here is: "If you want to use Org, then using
Emacs, GNU ELPA and NonGNU ELPA is enough.  If you want to test
Org, please use it from Git." -- which does not really differ
from the current situation, except that we won't have Org ELPA
in the mix anymore.

--
 Bastien